Being a "slave"

Slave.
Pfsh! Silly, I'm ain't gonna be a slave to nobody.
Servant.
Yeah, tell me about it.
Humble.
I don't know. I don't understand.
Ohhh... that's me long time ago. I don't understand those words. All I care is me, me and me. I do what I want. Everything have to submit to me, I always get the authority and I get what I want. Always.
But following Christ is not about that. At all. He said
"If anyone wants to be first, he must be the very last, and the servant of all." Mark 9:35
Humility, is not just talking about the heart attitude but the act as well.
Servant is listening to what the Master said and obey it. Servant is being putting in the lowest place, servant is not complaining, servant is know that he/she is worth nothing besides the Master. Servant is diligent, servant is not proud (dooh!), servant is belong to the Master and do what the Master's will is. Servant is obeying, servant is not judging, servant is putting everybody else above ourselves.
Being servant is denying ourself for the sake of the Master.
It's an attitude, it's an act and it's a heart attitude.
God has been bringing me to that process, a lot. I'm totally a different person now. because "in Christ we are a new creation."
But it was hard, to put aside my ego and follow the rules and the authority. It was kindda stupid. But yeah, the Godly wisdom is foolishness to the world because they don't understand. (I just studied that in the Hedrick's class today). Oh man, life is so much easier, no competition, and when you have that kind of attitude, no burden.
Like today..
I have a practical training for 4 hours in the kitchen and I deal with some "yucky" stuff. But before that, I was working at Pine Trail, and I pretty much cleaning everything. Toilet bowl, shower with nasty hair, the pool, and lawn mowing. Seriously, it need a special calling to work like that. Not just cooking but doing dishes, throwing the garbage and moping the floor. Hmmm... if you know me, I am anti of gross stuff like that. when I was a little, I don't even want to step on a dirty bathroom floor. Ah! Now, I have to scrub people's crap. I am not flying 23 hours to the US to scrub a dirty plates.
But, hey! Isn't it all about forgetting my self for Christ's sake? He want me to do it. It's a ministry to the people. It's a good way to be a servant. Now, I see it as an opportunity. Opportunity to serve people as Jesus did.
Today, I was wiping all the chairs in the dining room and I have to get a knife to scrape all the crumb and nasty stuff out of it and soap and sanitize it. And while I was doing it, my other friends are having a break from their work, so they sat down and drink and chat. I was there, with my other fellows, wiping the chairs that had not been used by them.
Only one come to me and talk to me. She said that I am not suppose to do this, this is ridiculous, because I have so many other potential rather than wiping the chair. It was around 15-20 people and only one that came and the others are not even saying a word. I told them, "I love to clean the chairs that you're sitting on right now. I really do."
haha. haha. I laugh inside my heart, this is being servant of all. I am not complaining. I am thankful. That I can wash their dishes, wipe the counter and moping the floor. God counting all this, this is great. I am so happy. God even told me that he like to see me working like this and I still doing it with smile and songs. I sing and dance a lot while I work. He spoke to me a lot when I'm collecting all the garbage. He smile at me when I cut my skin in the cutter machine. And he build my muscle while I'm lifting the silver ware. Oh, I wouldn't trade my job for anything else. even though I didn't get paid, I think I like it more when I didn't get paid.
he keep bringing me lower and lower, and it's hard sometimes, but He is a good God and He do good things.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

My New House

Valentine's Day

Healing and God's Greatness