Leaving Thailand




Greetings!
In January 2014 I will be ending my term as a missionary in Thailand and will be going home to Jakarta, Indonesia. The ministry that I work with in Chiang Mai is bearing a lot of fruits and things are going really well, but I feel like Indonesia is where the Lord is taking me for this next season.






Jakarta, Indonesia, my home, I never thought that God will ever call me back home. When I give my life to serve in the mission field 7 years ago, I never thought that this will happen. But God really is calling me to go back home. And it was as clear as it can be to me.
The ministry that I am doing with the youths here are flourishing, the Lord have blessed us so much this past two years, we were able to see growth, new believers and new thing in the Thai churches.
But when I spoke with my dad (my senior pastor in Jakarta) couple of months back, he told me that the youth back in my church is falling apart. Ever since I left home, things are just never been the same, and now it hits the point where the church doesn't have a youth service or gathering and a lot of people move out of our church.
here had been many times that he asked me to go home and help with the ministry at the church. But I never got a YES from the Lord to go back home. But this time, God seems to surprise me and take me to a completely different direction.
With much prayer, I present this idea to my pastoral team in Chiang Mai, and a few others whom I trust to give input on this decision making. And all of them confirm that this is what the Lord wants me to do for this next season. The leadership told me that they will be losing such a great asset and my heart is heavy since I invest so much in the ministry I worked here, but there is that "peace of God that surpasses all understanding" linger as I made the decision. I knew this is what He wants me to do.

When I go home in January 2014, I will be doing some youth pastoral work with the youth in my church. And also maybe a possibility of doing some mobilization, training young people to go to the mission field, sending and taking them to do short term mission trip facilitated by our church. But my main goal is to mentor the local youth and set up some small groups for Bible study. There are plenty opportunities for me to get in and be involved with the city wide youth movement, since language and culture is not a barrier anymore. So though it's hard to leave Thailand, I am pretty excited for what God have for me in Indonesia. 







I want to say a BIG THANK YOU to all of you my faithful supporters. And I hope that we will continue to be in touch and pray that I will have a smooth transition as I am closing this page and opening another one. I could not made it this far without all of you, and my prayer is that we will continue this partnership on sharing, encouraging and supporting one another though we are half way around the world.
 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

My New House

Valentine's Day

Healing and God's Greatness